CO Detection & Repair

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a silent, odorless, tasteless gas. It is generated by every gas appliance in your home plus all other sources where a fuel is burned.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is generated while burning any fossil fuel. In DFW, the most common source of CO is homes is from natural gas. Never use fuel-burning portable space-heaters to heat your home (electric are safe). Never use a grill nor any fuel-burning device inside your home or garage. Never run a car in an enclosed space, even an open garage.

Any fuel-burning device in your home creates carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide seeping into your home is caused by an unvented or improperly vented fuel-burning device. The problem can begin when something changes in the venting.

Al’s Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning installs system-wide carbon monoxide detectors, checks exhaust connections and makes repairs to repair any CO2 leaks.

Contact Us

Call Al's Today For CO Detection & Repair

Call Al’s today to ensure your furnace and water heater venting – 972-225-5257 or contact us online.
Contact Us

Why Choose Us?

  • Full-Service Plumbing & HVAC Company -- All Plumbing & HVAC Services
  • 24/7 Emergency Service & Same Day Appointments
  • Appointments Scheduled At Your Convenience
  • We’ll Call With Our Arrival Time
  • We Charge By The Job, Not By The Hour. Price Given Upfront
  • Never an Overtime Charge
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Financing Options with approved credit through Wells Fargo
  • Senior Citizen Discounts
  • Radio-Dispatched Licensed, Insured, Background & Drug-Screened Technicians
  • Uniformed Technicians Wearing Shoe-Covers to Protect Your Flooring
  • Service Trucks are Fully Stocked With Frequently Needed Repair Parts
  • Al's Pulls All Required Permits & Schedules the City Inspector
  • Al's Uses Top Rated Plumbing Brands such as Rheem Professional Grade Water Heaters
  • Al's Uses Original-Brand Replacement Parts versus "1 Size Fits All" Parts

Symptoms of CO Poisoning

Because CO is odorless, colorless, and otherwise undetectable to the human senses, people may not know that they are being exposed. The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever). They include:

  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness

High level CO poisoning results in progressively more severe symptoms, including:

  • Mental confusion
  • Vomiting
  • Loss of muscular coordination
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Ultimately death

If you suspect carbon monoxide is in your home, or any household member is suffering any ill effects list above, leave your home and call 911. Then it’s vital to call a licensed professional to inspect and repair all sources of carbon monoxide poisoning. Any properly vented fuel-burning device can become improperly vented due to some change which you are likely not aware of.

Your first line of protection is installing CO detectors. You need one on each level of your home + one in the furnace closet (if you have one) or near the furnace in the attic.

Al’s installs system-wide carbon monoxide detectors and checks exhaust connections and makes repairs to resolve any CO2 leaks.

Here are photos of unsafe venting of natural-gas burning furnace and water heater.

A video about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)