Learn More About Euless, TX Here: Euless, TX Website
Al’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Provides Maintenance, Repair & Replacement services for Plumbing & HVAC in Euless, TX.
Since 1989, Al’s has served southern Denton & Collin counties, northern Dallas County & northeast Tarrant County with up to a 12 Truck Service Fleet to serve you promptly.
This Is What You Get With Al’s:
- As a company, Al’s has a Texas Plumbing License, PLUS
- We employ only Texas Licensed Plumbers. The Plumber coming into your home also has a Texas Plumber License.
- We pull all Plumbing and HVAC Permits required by your City. You can check your City’s website to know when a Plumbing or HVAC Permit is required.
- We employ NATE Certified HVAC Technicians (Details on NATE below. Texas doesn’t have HVAC Licenses).
- We install Brand-Specific Repair Parts versus “one size fits all”.
- Our Service Staff has over 110 years experience.
Al’s Offers 24 / 7 Emergency Service for both Plumbing & HVAC Systems in Euless, TX
Borders and History of Euless, TX
Borders of Euless, TX:
Euless, TX sits to the immediate southwest of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW). A small portion of of the Airport is within Euless City Limits. Euless is north of the West Fork of the Trinity River in Terrant County, TX.
North Border (west to east): W. Glade Road, starting at Heritage Ave, and ending at the edge of the (east) set of north/south runways of DFW — which is the northeast corner of Euless.
East Border (north to south): Beginning at the northeast corner of the City (described just above), the east boundary heads directly south to (just north of) the off-ramp from Rt. 183 (westbound) and connecting to Rt. 97 (northbound) — which is the southeast corner of the city.
South Border: From the southeast corner of the City (described just above) and following the off-ramp & Amon Carter Blvd, until crossing over Rt. 97. Then following the offramp from Rt. 97 / International Parkway (southbound) & connecting to Rt. 183 / Airport Freeway (westbound). Extending west and crossing over Rt. 360, then following E. Airport Freeway to Bear Creek Parkway.
Heading south on Bear Creek Parkway, and crossing over Rt. 183, westward following Euless Blvd to FAA Blvd. Southeast to (just south of) and crossing over the creek (.25 mile northeast of) Stone Hollow Way. West to (just west of) Slick Road Chase Street, to South Pipeline Road. West to (just east of) Highland Drive. South .25 mile., slightly east, then southwest to (.25 mile north of) Trinity Blvd. Southeast to (just east of) Fite Street.
North to S. Pipeline Road, west to W. Euless Blvd. North and east until bisecting Westdale Hills Golf Course, south along the (western edge) of Golf Course to (just south of) Golf Course. West to (just west of) Woodbridge Circle — which is the southwest corner of the City.
West Boundary: The intersection of W. Pipeline Road and Airwine Cemetery Road — which is the northwest corner of the City. Continuing south along (or in alignment with) Airwine Cemetery Road to (just south of) Hollow Oak Drive — which is the southwest corner of the City.
History of Euless, TX
Bird’s Fort, TX was established at a site just south of the present day Euless city limits in 1841. The community began in 1845, when a small party of pioneers, led by Isham Crowley, reached the junction of Big Bear and Little Bear creeks. In 1857, a Post Office was founded on eastern edge of the site of present day Euless (on DFW airport grounds). Additionally a: school, church, store, and cotton gin were established. The post office closed in 1868. It reopened, 1881–1904, under the name Estelle.
Most of the Bird’s Fort community gradually moved to the present day cities of Euless and Irving. In 1876, a community hall / church / school building was erected. In 1881, Elisha Adam and Julian Euless (from Tennessee) built a home and cotton gin nearby, and the community began to thrive. Local farmers decided to honor the young man, whose presence seemed to coincide with better times, and the community was named for him.
The Euless post office opened in 1886 and closed in 1910. Euless farmers usually journeyed to Dallas to buy supplies and sell produce and cotton. In 1903 the Rock Island Railroad built a depot 2 miles south of Euless at Candon, (whose name changed to Tarrant by 1905). Tarrant had a post office, 1905–23.
In the 1910s Tarrant had perhaps 100 people and Euless had 25. The Rock Island Railroad soon discontinued regular service, and the depot closed in the 1930s. By then Euless may have attained a population of 100, while Tarrant’s was perhaps 25. Tarrant gradually merged with Euless.
From the early 1900s to the mid-1930s Euless’ community life revolved around the general store run by the Fuller family, the Baptist and Methodist churches, and the Euless School (erected in 1913). The Tennessee Dairies receiving plant (in Euless) and the Fort Worth Sand and Gravel Company (just south of town in the Trinity bottoms) began operations in the 1920s, aiding a number of local farm families in supplementing meager farm incomes. The brewing and sale of illegal whiskey during prohibition (1919–33) was another economic stimulus in the area. Electricity arrived in 1929, and the school achieved high school status in 1934.
With the stimulus of World War II, there were perhaps 300 people in Euless and Tarrant by the end of the 1940s. The Euless post office reopened in 1949. In 1949, a racially-based crisis moved the community to the edge of violence. Black parents in Mosier Valley refused to obey new orders from the Euless school superintendent, which called for the busing of their children to the Fort Worth School District. There were closer schools in Euless, but they had always been white.
A district judge ruled that Texas law provided that students had a right to be educated in their own districts and that a district’s schools were supposed to be funded impartially. Texas at the time had around 1,100 districts that bused blacks to other districts, and it appeared for some months that segregation in Texas might stand or fall with the Euless case.
Blacks entered the Euless school on September 4, 1950, to enroll, and the building was soon surrounded by a hostile crowd of some 150 whites. The school superintendent informed his black audience that he had to enforce the state’s segregation laws. Blacks returned to the Mosier Valley school, which was quickly refurbished by white authorities. The Euless school district merged with Hurst in 1955 and was joined by Bedford in 1958. The H-E-B School District desegregated in 1968.
Growth was enhanced in the early 1950s by the paving of old State Highway 183 and Farm Road 157 and the construction of Amon Carter (Air) Field on the eastern edge of Euless, which opened in 1953. The Euless Chamber of Commerce was established in 1952 and merged with Hurst in 1955. The Menasco Manufacturing Company, which made airplane parts, was an important local manufacturer. American Airlines began moving its installations to Euless in 1957. The population surged to over 4,200 in 1960.
In 1967 Euless voted to merge with smaller Bedford, but an overwhelming majority in Bedford opposed it. Hurst, Euless, and Bedford all approved the establishment of a joint hospital district in 1969. Euless’s population climbed to 19,300 in 1970, when the completion of Airport Freeway and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport drove land prices out of reach for most of the decade. By 1980, the population increased only to 24,000.
DFW Airport’s announcement to expand a new west side runway in 1988 triggered an conflict with Euless, and a prolonged legal tussle, as Euless stood to lose $100 million worth of property. Euless had a population of over 38,000 in 1990, 46,241 in 2000, and 51,464 in 2010.
SOURCE: Handbook of Texas Online, George N. Green, “Euless, TX,” accessed February 27, 2017, http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hee04