Learn More About Hurst, TX Here: Hurst TX Website
Al’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Provides Maintenance, Repair & Replacement services for Plumbing & HVAC in Hurst, TX.
Since 1989, Al’s has served southern Denton & Collin counties, northern Dallas County & northeast Tarrant County with up to a 12 Truck Service Fleet to serve you promptly.
This Is What You Get With Al’s:
- As a company, Al’s has a Texas Plumbing License, PLUS
- We employ only Texas Licensed Plumbers. The Plumber coming into your home also has a Texas Plumber License.
- We pull all Plumbing and HVAC Permits required by your City. You can check your City’s website to know when a Plumbing or HVAC Permit is required.
- We employ NATE Certified HVAC Technicians (Details on NATE below. Texas doesn’t have HVAC Licenses).
- We install Brand-Specific Repair Parts versus “one size fits all”.
- Our Service Staff has over 110 years experience.
Al’s Offers 24 / 7 Emergency Service for both Plumbing & HVAC Systems in Hurst, TX
Boundaries and History of Hurst, TX
Boundaries of Hurst, TX:
West Boundary: (north to south): Princeton Road, just north of Kirk Road. South on Precinct Line Road to Grapevine Highway. Southwest on Grapevine Highway to the (northwest corner of) Tarrant County College-Northeast Campus. Directly south to Bedford Euless Road.
West along Airport Freeway to (just west of) Grove Street. South to NE Loop 820 to Glenview Drive. West to Jordan Drive, south to (directly west of) Oxley Dr. South on N. Booth Calloway Rd to Airport Freeway — which is the southwest corner of the City.
South Border (west to east): From the southeast corner of the City (described just above), northeast along a line running (just north of) Edgepoint Tr., & then slightly southeast to S. Norwood Drive (.5 mile north of Bell Helicopter Plant #2), north to E. Hurst Blvd. East on E. Hurst Blvd to (.25 mile west of) Raider Drive — which is the southeast corner of the city.
East Border: (south to north): From the southwest corner of the city (described just above) north and west to (the west side of Westdale Hills Golf Course, south to (the south border of) Westdale Hills Golf Course. West to (just west of) Woodbridge Circle. North to W. Pipeline Road. West to Uptown Blvd. North to Hurst Dr., east to (just west of) Acorn Street.
North to Bedford Rd., west to Norwood Drive, north on Norwood Dr., east to (just south of) Oakhurst Drive for .25 mile. North to (1.5 miles west of) Queens Way. East to (just east of) Brown Trail. North to (just north of) Shady Lake Dr., west to creek. North and west to (northeast corner of) Chilsolm Park. West along (north border of) Chilsolm Park to (just west of) Brentwood Drive. North to Mid Cities Blvd., northeast along Collyville Ave to Mill Valley Drive. West to (just east of) Brazos Drive, north to Cottonbelt Trail — which is the northeast corner of the City.
North Border (east to west): From the northeast corner of the City (described just above). Southwest along Cottonbelt Trail to Bear Creek Drive. Northward and westward to Texas Trail, then directly west to Precinct Line Road — which is the northwest corner of the City.
History of Hurst, TX
By the middle to late 1840s, farmers were beginning to settle within the (future) Hurst area. Isaac Parker’s log cabin was just outside what is now the southwestern corner of Hurst, and the Parker family cemetery is now within the city limits.
Important among the settlers who moved there after the Civil War, were Tennessee families, of William L. Hurst, and Indiana families of Daniel Arwine and Jeff Souder. The Indiana clans established a church and school at the site in the late 1870s and thereafter the community always supported at least one church and one school.
The Arwine farming and ranching community grew slowly until the Rock Island line was built through in 1903. William Hurst donated land in exchange for the establishment of a depot named for him. The Rock Island at first labeled the site Hurst, but there was already a Hurst in Coryell County that had a post office, so the budding Tarrant County community was named Ormel. The community was renamed Hurst in 1909.
The depot and its stationmasters and telegraphers operated for 30 years. There were no more than 20 people in downtown Hurst between 1910 and 1920. The area’s agricultural products: cotton, grain, and cattle were not enough to make the train stop regularly.
Sand and gravel excavations began south of Hurst in the Trinity River bottoms early in the 1900s. Then, larger, around-the-clock operations began in the 1920s. Illegal whiskey was brewed along the wooded river too, selling for about $10 a gallon during the prohibition years of 1919–1933.
After 1903 there was at least one general store in the community, and during the 1930s and 1940s a handful of grocery stores, filling stations, and cafes opened. The Work Projects Administration (WPA) erected a brick school in 1940, and the population of Hurst numbered perhaps 100. By the 1940s Hurst was becoming a bedroom-community for Fort Worth. Its post office was revived in 1949.
Old State Highway 183 (now State Highway 10) was paved with concrete in 1950, and in 1951 Bell Aircraft (Helicopter) announced it would build a plant in Hurst. To prevent Fort Worth from annexing it, and to help secure a water supply, Hurst voted to incorporate in 1951.
A shopping center and apartments were being built during 1951. The Hurst and Euless school districts merged in 1955, joined by Bedford in 1958. It was estimated in 1958 that of the 8,500 people living in Hurst, 50% worked in Dallas and 40% in Fort Worth. Blocked from growing to the south by Fort Worth, during 1956 to 1958 Hurst overzealously pursued annexations in other directions, triggering inter-city tensions and defensive reactions by other “mid-cities” communities.
The (northeast campus of) Tarrant County Junior College opened in Hurst in 1968, prompting more growth and jobs. During the height of the Vietnam War, Bell Helicopter’s workforce topped 11,000. Hurst, Euless, and Bedford formed a hospital district in 1969. The Northeast Mall arrived in 1972, doubling retail sales in Hurst in a month, and in the early 1990s it remained the largest mall in Tarrant County.
The construction and 1974 opening of the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport further stimulated the local economy, but in the 1970s the town had almost reached the limits of possible expansion, and its population growth inevitably slowed. The population of Hurst was 31,400 in 1980, 33,600 in 1990, 36,273 in 2000, and 37,422 in 2010..
SOURCE: Handbook of Texas Online, George N. Green, “Hurst, TX,” accessed February 21, 2017, http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hdh04.